Why are people afraid of dying ?

They act like this world is so great to live in even though there is so much suffering in it.

• 16 hours ago

I think people are afraid of the circumstances in which they die, than death itself, for example if I knew my death was going to be in my sleep peacefully while I was still employed and my family in good circumstances,,,,sure I would opt that but unfortunately...birth and death are totally unpredictable but the hope that hope that both will occur peacefully and painlessly leads to to go on.

• Ann
    2 days ago

If you're ready, you go ahead. What are you waiting for?

• 3 days ago

People who have horrible lives are not afraid of dying. Only people with good lives are. 

• 4 days ago

Many don’t understand this scripture about death even though it’s very easy to understand. 

Romans 6:7 says:

For the one who has died has been acquitted from his sin.

We want to also remember Romans 6:23 says: For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

The person who sins “earns” death as his “wages,” or payment. Once a person has died and has received his “wages,” his sinful record no longer stands against him. But, He would never live again were it not for Jesus’ ransom sacrifice and God’s purpose to resurrect the dead.

Source(s): Free online Bible, Free Bible lessons at www.jw.org
  • Marvin
    4 days ago

So many of them fear they will come back as roaches because they are such horrible people.

Those who are Christians are often so nastly to other people that they will most certainly end up in the Hell that they go around preaching about.

• 4 days ago

I used to wonder this all the time until for some reason I changed my mind, married and had a son.  Afterwards I panicked thinking what caused me to forget my original reservations about bringing into the world a person who by the very nature of human life was going to suffer, which in turns usually causes the parent distress. Parents hate to see their offspring, whether children or adults experiencing so many ups and down in their personal and professional lives. 

As a child, I didn't understand when my mom told me parents still sometimes worry about their kids no matter how old they get to be  -- 8, 18, 38, 58, etc. I get it now!   

After all, you are responsible for bringing that life in the world, and you are responsible for the majority of their nurturing and physical care for many, many years after that.  It does not all magically disappear at the age of 18.  I had two more kids eight years later in a second marriage, so I try to figure what the heck made me twos again? Again, like most parents, I want my (now adult) children to have the most pain free and also personaly fulfilling life possible.  And of course, I also want them to be kind and helpful to others, knowing that all of those others are humans who experience pain also.  A lucky few among us experience much less pain than others, but there's some element of luck for that to be the case. It's so hard for me to know there is not much I can do to really help them lead an almost pain-free life.

• Ann
      2 days agoReport

Having a child changes everything.

1 week ago

I'm not. I don't believe death is what most think it is either, we're only "dead" in this reality and physical form. 

• 1 week ago

because some people actually live great fcking lives lol

1 week ago

True this world is the hell.

• 1 week ago

Why would anyone want to stop existing?