Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 2 months ago

Should I worry about catching COVID-19 from an insect bite this summer?

Apparently mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, and no-see-um bugs (including black flies and sandflies) do not have the brains to understand of what the term "social distancing," means to them. So they'll basically sneak into our social distancing guidelines this summer. They don't have any borders so they'll sneak in and get at everyone's blood. Apparently they bite from person to person, and so I'm worried that if someone is infected with COVID-19 they could potentially transmit that blood to someone who is uninfected with that disease to their body this summer. I'm a little worried about catching that disease from those bloodsucking insects this summer. Those bloodsucking insects basically aren't capable of using hand sanitizer before stinging someone. And they're not capable of washing their stingers with soap and water before biting someone. They're not capable of disinfecting their stingers with hand sanitizer or with soap and water before poking someone with their stingers to be fed on.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Anyone you know ever catch the regular flu from a tick ?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Given that insects don't carry covid 19.....

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.