Why does caffeine seem to give me severe sinus problems?

Changes to pressure in your sinuses, blood pressure rates.

I have no idea, but if something i was drinking caused that, i'd stop and find something else to drink

• Chris2 months agoReport

Actually I take caffeine in pill form, I rarely drink it.

What caffeine are you taking? How much and at what times? What sort of severe problems are you having?

Why do you think caffeine is causing that? Has it been going on long term? Are you using any type of nasal spray?

• Chris2 months agoReport

Because every time I take caffeine I get very bad sinus problems, there has to be a connection such as a possible rare allergic reaction to caffeine and considering I been taking caffeine for a while it is long term, not very smart if im having these problems though and I use spray and neti pot.

• Sky

It could be an allergic reaction.  Talk to your doctor and maybe an allergist.

• Chris2 months agoReport

I'll try not to take caffeine and see what happens and how I feel, probably going to experience withdrawal but I would rather deal with that temporarily for 2 weeks than allergic reactions that are constantly happening without an end if I never stop taking caffeine

your biology is not suited for that substance

• Chris2 months agoReport

No its not, its hurting me in many ways that could eventually put me in the hospital so I should stop caffeine, I can find other ways to get energy.

• Olive

Sounds like a coffee allergy which can cause severe sinuses

• Olive

Hopefullyy that will help your issue and wont be no bad withdrawls. Tho could eat chocolate or something so u wont be cutting out caffeine altogether