Do I need a new car key Honda Accord?

My car key doesn't unlock my car doors anymore just locks them.(Key worn out a little) I have a buttons on my key but it never really works i think my batteries are bad. The key still start my car. Do I need a whole new key with buttons replaced or Do i need my button case replaced and batteries changed? 2010 Honda Accord EX-L

You should always put a new battery in your key or key FOB when it won't unlock the doors anymore. A battery is under $5.00 and takes 3 minutes to install.

Spray penetrating oil in the door key hole and work the key to lubricate the lock tumblers. Where's your spare key? Try the spare key if the one you've been using is worn. It's dumb if you don't have a spare key. If you lose your key it will cost you at least $200 to have the car towed to the dealer to be reprogrammed for the new key.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Get a new case and battery.

Start with the easiest and cheapest.  Replace the battery

• k w

just open up the key and identify the number of battery, or just check the dealership first

they just may be open to service the cars, they never stop breaking down....