Why won’t my computer boot? ?

Earlier in the day I was using my pc normally, no issues at all coming from it and no issues looking at the inside. I got home today and went to boot my computer and it won’t turn on at all. The fans won’t spin, lights won’t come on, nothing happens at all. I unplugged and replugged my power supply first, then unplugged and replugged all my inside cables and still nothing. All of my pc parts are new and have only been in my possession and working for a month. Is there any possible explanation? 

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

If the wall socket is okay, try replacing the power supply.

• it may be your power supply if you get it to boots keep it on. 

• David

Try the obvious first, plugging the cable into a different wall socket, check the breakers/fuses

If there is definitely power getting to the computer then you will need to dig further.

If you bought the PC from a retailer then call the support line

If you built it yourself you will need to try to troubleshoot.

reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS coin battery for 10mins or moving the reset jumper to clr

If you have onboard graphics but are using an external graphics card remove the card and try with onboard graphics

Next remove all but one stick of RAM and try again if no better try another stick

if still no boot this leaves a faulty PSU motherboard or CPU. CPU failures are rare

You can briefly test an ATX PSU by jumpering the green wire and a ground (usually black) wire with a paperclip on the 24pin ATX connector

If the PSU fails to start then this is an indicator that the PSU is dead, if the fan spins this doesn't mean the PSU is working normally though.

Is the socket/receptacle you're plugging into live?  Try plugging something else in and see if that works.

• night

Maybe you should try a different charging cable.

• nathan2 months agoReport

I have but it still hasn’t had any change to it