1999 acura tl bose stereo player with cd player and cassette player.?

I bought a cassette adapter to play burned cds using the cassette adapter. Problem is the setup worked fine for a few months then the adapter started to self eject and would not stay in the cassette slot any longer. Several videos on you tube showed how to modify the adapter so it wouldn't self eject. I tried the many ways the videos explained how to modify the cassette adapter but the adapter still self ejected. I need to use this method as my Bose cd player will not play burned cds at all, only prerecorded ones. Please tell me why the cassette adapter keeps ejecting. I tried more than one cassette adapter with the same results.

Favorite Answer

Cassette adapter is likely broken.  Get another one.  If a new adapter does not fix it, the player is broken.  You can try cleaning the heads first with a demagnetizer.

A better fix is to move on and get a new stereo.  There are plenty of entry level stereos that will not break the bank.

CD's and cassette's are OLD SCHOOL...

Back in the 60's was when we blasted music off CD's and cassette's at clubs, concerts, and in our vehicle.

Now in 2020, we pump music from iPhone's, head units, laptops, etc...

To answer your question, it's most likely defective or it's unable to READ the CD. It's time to STOP burning CD's and replace your head unit for an aftermarket HU.