Do all people with pneumonia or the flu become hospitalized?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I’ve had the flu several times in my life and never once seen a doctor for it. I stayed home for a few days drinking water and taking ibuprofen like everyone else. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No -- all people with pneumonia or the flu aren't hospitalized - it depends upon how bad a case they have. 

I came down with  pneumonia in early January, and I wished I HAD been in a hospital. I don't remember ever feeling so bad with any illness as I did with pneumonia. It literally hurt to breathe, and the slightest exertion left me short of breathe and feeling like I was going to fall flat on my face. It took 1-1/2 months to completely get rid of it.  I still felt weak until around mid-February. 

• 2 months ago

No, not all people need hospitalization, unless they start having breathing issues for example.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No those with flu stay home. Pneumonia is a complication of flu when things may get worse so they may need help with breathing and require oxygen therapy or if they go into respiratory failure (where it worsens very badly) then require ventillation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No I have had pneumonia twice. Antibiotics cleared it up at home.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The flu?  Rarely.  Pneumonia, somewhat more.  I had it once and I didn't go to a hospital.

• 2 months ago

No, not at all. I have had the flu a sew times, and most of the time I just stayed home through the experience, and perhaps went to the doctor just twice. never had pneumonia and I know several people who have and sometimes they did go to the hospital for a couple of days.

• 2 months ago

No, very rarely, actually.

• Anna D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, of course not. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.