Blake asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

Is this hypocritical?

So there is this jerk who I challenged to a fight.  I got suspended from school for fighting.

My parents are upset that I challenged someone to a fight and got suspended for it.

But my dad thinks UFC is okay.

UFC-a CONSENSUAL fight

The fight that I got suspended from school for-ALSO CONSENSUAL (like UFC)

So BOTH fights were CONSENSUAL.  My dad is okay with ONE but NOT the other.

Is this hypocritical?  Why or why not?

P.S. this was BEFORE the Corona Virus.  I just never thought of it until more recently

No, because the UFC is a paying job. Fighting in the street is illegal.

• First Of All, The Sport Called Mixed Martial Arts, Second One MMA It's MMA, Third One The School 🏫 It's The School Kid! I Really Thought Than If Someone Had A Trouble With You Then You Must Goes To The Office 🏢 Director & Explain Him What Really Happened So, It's Not Hypocritical Because Your School/The 🏫 Aren't A Mixed Martial Arts Ring Or Cage/Octagon So! GET UP, NEVER SURRENDER IT'S REALLY NOT OVER YET DUDE!!!

• Bon

School is not UFC. No one in school cares that you two geniuses to agree to fight in school. Ever heard of zero tolerance? Do you not understand what ZERO means? You two didn't even have the brain cells to settle it away from school and now you want to justify yourself by calling your father a hypocrite. Here's news for you kid, every morsel of food you ate, everything you own including the computer and internet connection you are using to read this was paid for by your parents. So where do you get off acting so superior when you have been sponging off your parents all this time?

• Maybe Because He Feel Betrayed By His Dad, & Those Stuffs Than You Already Mentioned It Are Given By The Government Not By The Kid Parents So! It's A Paid Statement Slavery Stats So!!!

• jared

This question has me very confused tbh lmao

Not really hypocritical.

Consensual?  Yes.  Sanctioned?  No.

The UFC and other MMA organizations are regulated by the government.  The fighters are almost always drawn from gyms where they have been training, and have been learning to defend themselves, for months, if not years.  Then they attend pre-fight exams to ensure that they're fit to fight, and don't have pre-existing conditions like heart murmurs.  Then, once in the cage or ring, they're overlooked by a referee whose primary job is to ensure fighter safety.  After the fight, they get a post-fight check-up, and many times go to the hospital, more as a cautionary measure in most cases.  In the event of a severe injury, there are medical personnel, including an ambulance, at the venue.

As you can see, in a sanctioned fight, there are plenty of arrangements for the fighters' protection.  On top of that, a sanctioned fight is legal and has little in the way of legal consequences besides a failed drug test.  A post-school brawl is not legal, and depending on circumstances may have both criminal and civil ramifications.

In short, if you want to fight, do it professionally.  It's safer all around.

• Are you really this uninformed? There's not a primary/secondary school that permits students to fight each other. Go to your MMA gym, and fight there. Not on school property. At a MMA facility. You're in your primary/secondary school to learn how to read (good luck with that), write, and (hopefully) add 2 numbers together correctly. You go to your MMA gym to learn how to street brawl or whatever the hell it is that you do. Not hard to understand. Same thing for kids learning boxing. When they want to box/throw punches, they get in the boxing ring, put on gloves and protective equipment, and box.

It's why formula 1 racers don't get speeding tickets when they're at a racing track. They'd get in trouble driving 220-230mph on the streets but it's okay at a racing track.

Again, keep bashing what's left of your brain in. Seems to be doing well.

You do realize it is not just abt being consensual there are safety factors involved.

Such as training, coaching, medical evals, ref, RULES, timed round, etc...

Also I call BS. Since most schools in US are closed.

Another is you have no idea what the heck you are doing. You do not know or see how many fools are seriously injured from stupid fighting. I know a couple who are basically vegetables or are no longer upstairs because of that.

What if he punched or threw you and you do not know how to fall? You hit you head, best you just get a mild concussion and a headache. Worst, next to death, you become a human vegetable.

Also fighting in school is a no no. And this was not a situation like a bully stealing you lunch money and beating you up and your DEFENDING yourself.

USE YOUR FU*KIN HEAD!

Your school like most has a code of conduct. The fact that your fight was consensual by both parties doesn't nullify the rule that fighting will not be tolerated.

Your dad is probably mad because you fought for nothing. If you got paid then it might be a different story. 

The difference between ufc and your school is that school rules says no fighting on school grounds. If you fought outside school grounds then the school has no right to suspend you.