What are some good ideas for having a wedding this year?

So my fiance and I were supposed to be getting married in a couple weeks, thats when our wedding was scheduled for and the date we booked a venue for. But with current restrictions, the venue won't be open.

The courthouses are currently closed so not issuing marriage licenses, do we just have to wait till they re open? I read through my states law book and the law book says marriage licenses can only be obtained at a local city hall.

When we do get the license, what are some possible ways to hold the ceremony without a venue. We live in an apt building so no backyard and parks are closed. With most things being closed down, how can we celebrate or do a honeymoon? Is it better to just wait till next year to do everything?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

First, CALL the county clerks office.  Thousands of people are getting married and conducting other types of business. Just because the physical office is closed doesn't mean that the country clerk isn't working or able to issue a marriage license by appointment.

If you want people to attend your wedding or to have a celebration, you will have to wait until the city/county in which you live lifts whatever bans they may have on gatherings.  It is that simple.  If your city says no gatherings of more than 10 people and no rental spaces like a restaurant or park are available, you have to wait.  How long that might be depends on the location and the political leaders.  

The same is true with travel.  Hotels are still open.  Airlines are still flying.  Some destination are not welcoming visitors.  Others are.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If the venue is closed, and the courthouses are closed, you cannot get married.

Speak to the venue and postpone - set a new date with them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you have to wait like the thousands of others that also got their wedding canceled. how about next year? seems reasonable. don't rush something like this when others are dying...

• Da
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

If you actually want a traditional style wedding, you'll have to wait

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.