El asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

How likely am I to be passed over for a job for testing positive for marijuana consumption?

I live in the U.S. I turned 21 a couple weeks ago, and I tried marijuana edibles (which I legally purchased at a dispensary). I am not a regular user and don't plan to be. I'm currently out of work because of the virus, and I just applied for a new job, which I'm highly qualified for. The past couple places I've worked had swab tests, which I've heard aren't very good at detecting marijuana, but I'm worried I'll be asked to submit to urine testing. Just how screwed am I if that's the case? Will the couple edibles I've had show up in the results and prevent me from getting the job?

If you're actively looking for work, why are you risking not being hired by taking any kind of non-prescription drug product? If you need to get high, stick to booze for the time being.

Depends on company policy.

Some companies it would lead to instant dismisal inless you have a prescription.

Marijuana edibles that are legal..are called cbd hemp flowers, or should I say cbd edible gummies. You should be okay if your assertive when telling them it’s just is a cbd product I bought recently for myself. Nothing major.