Where do all the lost socks go?

One of mine just went missing. Out of thin air, it just up and disappeared. Maybe it ran away and it's at your home now? Treat it well...

Favorite Answer

I think it ran away with one of mine.

I discovered back in my university days why socks disappear - when no one is looking, one sock in a pair will fly to a closet and hang itself up - then, by the process of sock metamorphosis, it will turn into a wire coat hanger.Β 

This process continues until you have just one sock of each type and color. This is the reason you always gain wire coat hangers and lose socks....it's also the why you will always have different colors of wire coat hangers in your closet....*

"You will never have an even number of a given color of sock:" Murphy's 5th Law.

*Migration and Metamorphosis of Domestic Socks: A New Discovery (Does Not Include Wild Socks or Argyle Socks): - Β© 2002 by Patrick McIrish.Β 

Dot had the same PROBLEM with her GLOVE...... About 2 and a HALF minutes INTO this VIDEO should EXPLAIN it......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

https://youtu.be/Xf3YY8y-u28

Youtube thumbnail

It went to sock it toΒ  somebody.

These days, they are being turned into face masks.

Just hope CarolΒ  washes his first............

• Pronk

The spinning motion opens anΒ 

intergalactic sock portal.πŸ€”Β 

I have many lone socks

• Mrs H

Cats use them for tennis balls. It could be here,  the cat is running around with one I've never seen before 😸

Throw them away :) .

The dryer eats the socks.