full unemployment to partial unemployment?

Update:

i am currently on full unemployment. if when my job in nj opens up.  i will probably be working half the hours before the lockdown. how can i change from full unemployment to partial unemployment. would i have to file a whole new different claim to change to partial?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't change your unemployment.

When you complete your weekly earnings, you write down how much you earned (not paid, EARNED).

Your earnings will determine how much unemployment you receive, if any.

I'm glad the $600 helped your family = it's one of the WORST THINGS CONGRESS HAS EVER ENACTED.... are you still going to like it next year when your taxes SKYROCKET??

• Judy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

When you do your certification for the week, you show how much you earned for that week.

• GF
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

You report your employment hours on your telecert or web submission.

Have you NOT READ the questions that you have to answer to receive weekly benifits.

Question 1 - Did you work or earn pay.  

Answer yes

Then you will get questions about your employer and wages 

It's easy and they will ask the questions they need. You are allowed to earn a certain % without it coming out of your current rate.

Anything over that % will come off of your current rate, until you become ineligible

I understand that this seems tricky for you because you've never done this before. But unemployment has done this millions of times. They know what they're doing. 

If you answer their weekly questions, the transition will be as smooth as silk.

Just remember to listen to the questions, in full. Only answer the question when you fully understand what they're asking of you.

• John
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Full employment is best for a variety of reasons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.