Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 2 months ago

What color frame will look good for a picture with lots of color?

I did a painting copying this picture, so it has lots of colors. I want to frame and hang it, but I’m not sure what color frame would look best. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Why does noone say brown or black?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • August
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Silver would look good 

• I'd actually consider red.

Attachment image
  • sam
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

My general feeling is to pick a neutral color like black, or a wooden one, whatever would go with the area you’re hanging the piece in. You want the colors in the artwork to be the center of attention, not the frame. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Danny
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I wouldn't get one with too much colour as the picture has a lot of colour in it already, you'll need some sort of basic frame, maybe a nice black frame to bring out the colours more, think a white frame would just wash them out and won't look as good. 

• Kaz
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When stores open again, take your painting to Michaels.  They have a frame department with samples of all their frames, you can see which frame looks best.  

The type of frame also depends on your decor, unless you have eclectic tastes and like to mix different styles.

I think a metallic frame would look nice.  They come in all sorts of colors to match any decor, and could make your picture pop (no pun intended).

• Vivian
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I think a color of that house would look nice for that frame of the picture, as yellow.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.