can you go to a grad school in another country, and have that masters degree transfer over to the U.S. without doing "study abroad"?

I am an undergrad psychology student in the U.S. right now, and I am hoping to travel to another country and earn my masters degree (and then come back home to a local MD school to earn my PhD) I'm wondering if this would be valid when transferring that education to any school in the U.S.

If you go to another country to study, you are studying abroad; but you can do a full degree there, as opposed to a study abroad period as part of your US college course.

Generally qualifications gained abroad are recognised in the US; but it depends on the university, country, and qualification.

A master's degree from any accredited university is a master's degree. Whether the courses you take meet requirements for the PhD program you want or the US grad school you want cannot be determined from your info here. You'll have to ensure any university you go to is accredited & reputable. And ensure courses you take meet any prerequisites there might be for the PhD program you want.

Do your homework! Check university & degree program rankings online. Study schools' websites.

If I understand what you're asking, you want to get a complete masters degree in another country. You can certainly do that. You don't need to transfer credits to a US university. When you apply to a Ph.D. program in the US, you provide a transcript from your masters program. If it's in another language, they will tell you what services you can use to get it translated-it has to be an approved service. People come to US universities with masters degrees from other countries all the time. 

It's not automatic.

The US school will ask you to submit your transcripts from the foreign school for review and evaluation. They will decide whether or not your degree meets the requirements for their PhD program.

It's going to depend what country. Some countries' credentials transfer straight over, some don't. You may have to check with some US schools. Try their websites. Ask the school you're going to now.