Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why is it common to see an atheist in R&S disagreeing in the lower levels of Grahams Hierarchy of Disagreement?

Anonymous: unfortunately no atheist has ever debunked any argument of religion or spirituality, however those who understand religion or spirituality have debunked every atheist argument.

Favorite Answer

It is because of the Dunning Kruger effect. Atheists mistake themselves for being so intellectually capable that they can disprove something just by calling their opponents stupid and asserting that they’re wrong. This is why it is common for atheists to use logical fallacies

• sam

Perhaps yahoo answers attracts a certain type of intellect, who enjoys arguing through  name calling. I have seen religious and atheist folks at the base of this pyramid in equal numbers. 

• EddieJ

I say that the asker is lying.  Is that "name-calling"?  How about if I say that the asker is delusional?  I guess it's name-calling if I call him an idiot, but it's true, because he keeps posting the same nonsense over and over -- and that why he is anonymous.

• When you're dealing with the same debunked arguments for the hundredth time, you get frustrated.

• KennyB

If you want to engage in arguments at a higher level, you'll need to move to a more exacting forum.  Everybody here (theist and atheist alike) is going to engage in debate at a guttural level. It is the nature of a Q&A forum like this one.