Is there a way to make your face more expressive?

I don't have a very expressive face and it's really throwing off my ability to perform. I try to make my facial expressions stronger but it looks forced and even when I am at my strongest emotionally (i.e. genuinely devastated, happy or any other emotion) my face still doesn't do much. I'm not looking to be a great actress or anything, I just want to be able to look like I'm not bored as all hell on the few occasions I'm given solos.

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

Training, experience and practice should help.

Don't make a conscious effort to make your expressions 'bigger' - relax your face and aim for realism.

I'm afraid there isn't. You see, facial expressions reflect the soul and the personality, and as you appear to have none of those things you shouldn't really be surprised you have a problem.

There's one thing you could do, though. Overact. So if the role demands extreme emotions, simply leap around the stage, making exaggerated movements, and just generally whirl about like a mad person, screaming. Hope this helped.