Texas restaurant won't allow employees to wear masks, says masks don't fit in with their hospitality theme, would you eat there?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

You should boycott these type of morons. There is point in going there as most likely the people there will be as ignorant as the restaurant. And there is no point in arguing with these morons.

• 3 months ago

if i did i wouldnt eat anywhere ever again

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

SHITZ an EXCUSE about  "THEME "  wow for people to accept  that as REASONABLE and JUSTIFIED   valuing  AMBIANCE  over HEALTH and safety   $$$$$ CHING CHING  PROFITS are going to go down the TOILET  So a employee is going to RISK their health for  I checked WAITRESS /WAITER  pay in Dallas Texas is  in the range of $2:15 hr  to $15.00  per hour    so lets say  $7.00  x 8 hr  =  $56 + TIPS  a day  so you can  have the potential  for your KIDS to be ORPHANS

...the REALITY is people can VOTE with their WALLETS 

NOT showing concern for MY well Being  my Grand ma's  well being  family neighbors friends the  employee's well being 

there is NO good reason  for ME  to   have Concern for that "BUSINESS "  WELL BEING   so NO  i would not

• 3 months ago

Thanks now uid avoid to eat there people 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

It would depend.  If it was in a part of Texas that wasn't having a problem with COVID 19 it wouldn't bother me.  Obviously in a 'hot spot', I'd be more concerned but that would apply to pretty much anywhere.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I would avoid places - whether in Texas or elsewhere - that don't care about employee safety.

• 3 months ago

The person that made that decision is someone refusing to grasp the reality of the world around them and blind to the fact that they must temporarily adapt.  No. I would not eat there.  There is something else besides hospitality that drives me to eat at a restaurant. To name a few others: good food, attractive interior, nice crowd and SANITATION.  No one goes to a restaurant if they think they're going to get sick.

Source(s): I'm a restaurant person. One of the few smart ones.
  • r
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

NO, I DONT WANT TO GET SICK, PLUS I DONT LIVE THERE

• W
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I wouldn't on principle. If an employer potentially endangers their employees and customers for the sake of appearance, I'm not giving them a dime. 

They could turn it into a positive thing so easily with a simple sign: 

'Our service personnel are wearing masks so that you needn't. Please comply with the government recommendations for your protection. We would like to welcome you again soon!'

See how easy it could be?

• 3 months ago

Yes, unless it's a vegan place. The customers physically can't wear a mask while eating, and there's usually more of them in the building than employees, so what's the point of the servers wearing one?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.