Anonymous

What’s the average salary of an essential worker?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No one has calculated such a thing.   No one even knows how many of these workers there are.

Essential workers are defined differently in different states.

Essential workers could be anything from someone who washes dishes at Pizza Hut to someone who is a board-certified cardio-thoracic surgeon.

You might as well just take the average wage of EVERY employee in a county, city, state or country.   Those numbers are widely available. 

• 7 months ago

There are no stats on it, because essential is a general term, encompassing many different lines of work.

• 7 months ago

$18.93 .............

• 7 months ago

Well, given that both an EVS worker (housekeeper) and the chief medical officer are considered essential at my hospital, I’d say the salaries are highly variable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

nonsense question , there is no answer  , it is not relevant 

• 7 months ago

Doctors make well into six figures.  Grocery store workers may only make a little more than minimum wage.  Somewhere in between are people who work at gun shops and liquor stores, both of whom are considered essential workers by my state, but might not be in others.  How one would sort through all that and come up with a single number that anyone would find useful is beyond me.  

• Scott
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Too broad of a question to provide an answer. Any worker, in any pay grade could be classified as essential.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.