Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 months ago

Out of all the fast food commercials, which franchise exaggerates the look of their food the most? (IMO-Arby's)?

Favorite Answer

I say all of them. I will agree that Arby's does extend the truth more than it should.

I'd say it's probably Subway. I have never gotten a sandwich there that even slightly resembled the tv commercial. You are aware that all food commercials, for ALL FOOD, are "staged" by Food Stylists, aren't you? They don't even use real food sometimes. They have tons of tricks and creative ways to make you think the food you're looking at is succulent, delicious and of very high quality, when in reality, it may not even be FOOD. For instance, ice cream--isn't ice cream at all. It's usually something like shortening or lard. Real ice cream wouldn't last 5 minutes under studio lights--it would melt into a mess. So they use stuff like Crisco to "resemble" ice cream. 

The same goes for fast food commercials--it's all staged food. You NEVER get a meal or sandwich like you see in a commercial, but some places are a little worse than others, too. Arby's is right up there in the top 3. I've never seen anything they sell that is stacked as high with evenly-distributed roast beef as the commercial shows. 

• boxtrn1 month agoReport

Yes, I am aware of "Fake food." It's made by Artists. Good answer, thanks!

Burger King. The veggies are wilted and the fries are soggy. Literally the opposite of their ads. 

• Mark

I tend to agree with you.  It seems the picture of "fast-food" burgers looks a little TOO perfect, compared to what you usually get - an off-centre burger that appears like and elephant walked over it and turned the bun into two tortillas.

I agree.  they all do.  but probably burger king.  when i get a whopper, it looks like they smashed it to make it wider than taller

• Bob

To me they all do it about the same amount.

• boxtrn1 month agoReport

Yeah, but pick ONE or I'll slice your pickle in 1/2 lol!