Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 months ago

I’m a white woman but I identify as a Native American woman, but the government won’t give me benefits for it, can I sue them? ?

Native Americans don’t have to pay tax and I don’t want to either so every day that I’m supposed to pay tax I want to identify as a Native American so I don’t have to. I tried to contact the government to tell them that I’m now a Native American, I won’t be paying tax anymore and I want my benefit money. They laughed at me and explained that they don’t believe I’m a Native American!! Should I sue them? 

Well we live in a society where anyone can be whatever they choose, an obvious man can identify as a woman and changes in the locker room in front of children. Why can’t I identify as a Native American and get paid for it?

The definition of female is 

“of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes.

"a herd of female deer"” 

But definitions are irrelevant now

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Whatever you identify with is all in your head.

• ?

No you cannot. There are clearly defined standards you must meet to be considered NA, nice try.

• ?

Unless a tribe has accepted you as a formal member you have no grounds for a lawsuit.

Sure sue them but be sure to bring copies of your Native American ancestry to prove your case.  In the meantime don’t give up your day job.

I am Native American.  You are offensive.

You either are born Native American or you aren't.  You aren't.

Aside from your immature and uninformed babble about paying taxes, what is your issue?

What type of benefits do Americans get normally?

😄

We're living in a different era where you need a tribal ID or someone who can vouch for your ancestry.

Good luck.

I can't see why you just don't move to Oregon or Nevada. They don't pay taxes either.