Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 2 months ago

Since Americans (myself included) will NEVER travel again, should I burn my passport?

Canada (where I have relatives) has closed the border to Americans, possibly forever. And word has it that other countries don't want Americans visiting either.

Even when travel bans are lifted, Americans would still be advised to stay in the US, mainly so they won't tarnish the countries they visit with their Covid19.

I can thank my stupid clown of a President for making my country the epicenter of the world, with no end in sight! 

Favorite Answer

We don't close our border 'forever' and neither do you, hate to say it but most of the canadians that caught corona got it from Americans... we either visited down there or they were up here.

Don't burn your passport, even if you don't travel it is good photo ID'

"From January 15 until April 16, most people returning with COVID-19 to Ontario and Quebec came from the United States, not China. Canada began screening passengers returning from China in third week of January but did not close the border with the United States until two months later. "

https://cmajnews.com/2020/05/05/coronavirus-109584...

• RICK

Do what you want

As for me I will travel  internationally  again as soon as flights are available 

You have selected a best answer, but I will answer anyways..

"Canada (where I have relatives) has closed the border to Americans, possibly forever. "

Closed temporarily. Once this virus is under control (i.e. an available vaccine) the border will re-open.

"And word has it that other countries don't want Americans visiting either."

Who cares? 

"I can thank my stupid clown of a President for making my country the epicenter of the world, with no end in sight! "

If you don't like Trump that is fine. But put blame where it belongs and that is China with their government, the Chinese Communist Party. They knew they had a problem, and they concealed it from the world and prevented a prompt response that could have prevented this. 

"should I burn my passport?"

Stop being nuts.

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.

Don’t be daft.  Keeping the border closed to Americans would deny Canada a lot of money and damage their economy; either through business or tourism. It will be open again by the end of the year, so keep your passport. 

• Redstone
      1 month agoReport

Across the pond? Thumbs up for your moniker. :-3 

People WILL travel internationally again.Keep your passport.

• audrey

Yep. Burn your passport and plant flowers in your suitcases.

• KaleyK

The answer is ... NO.  A US passport is the ultimate documentation of citizenship.  It has more value than just travel.  You should know that pandemics do not last forever.  A virus has a natural cycle.  It will take its victims and then fade; though it may reappear, we will have a vaccine soon.  While I can agree that Trump is a clown, government is not responsible for a virus; nor is the United States the epicenter of the world.  The US has tested 3 million more people than any other country.  The US has the best documentation and "counts" in the world.  The US is 13th in cases-per-million and 14th in deaths-per-million.