Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

I wanna lose weight, but I can't keep myself away from the sweets, what should I do?

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Here are a few thoughts:

1. You actually do have the ability to stay away from any food.  You just haven't gotten to the point where you want to be thinner more than you want to eat a treat. Your mind is powerful and you can do it. 

2. You are addicted to sugar. You need to accept this and that eating sugar of any kind and grains, cause inflammation and weight gain.  While it can be a struggle at first, going on a sugar and grain-free diet will enable your body to decrease insulin and burn stored fat. The insulin cycle also makes you to be hungry but when you eat junk your body is still starved for nutrients, so you need even more food. -- You've got to break the chain here. Your addiction to sweets is learned -- you don't need those foods to thrive.

3.  You are probably an emotional eater.  Emotional eaters deal with stress, boredom, anger, sadness, etc. by eating.  There are biochemical reactions as well as the pure pleasure of eating some foods. This isn't really any different that people who turn to drugs or alcohol.  It is part of an addiction and has to be addressed with new ways to cope with stress. 

I would encourage you to do any or all of these:

1. Read some books on emotional eating and sugar addiction.  Just google those terms and lists of books and articles will show up.  Understanding how and why you are the way your are is the first step in taking back control. 

2. Don't buy sweets and treats.  It is really hard to eat a donut if you don't actually have a donut, right?  

3. Eat 6-8 cups  of vegetables per day.  These can be raw or cooked.  Veggies are full of nutrients, low in sugar and calories, and they fill you up.  

4. Drink at lest 80 ounces of water per day.  Yes, that's a lot of water.  This can include a cup of coffee and herbal tea (decaf) with stevia or monk fruit sweetener -- no other sweeteners.

5. Cut your portion sizes and eat slowly.  Give yourself time to actually enjoy what you are eating AND your body time to register that you are full.  If you are still really hungry 20 minutes later, eat some veggies and drink a glass of water.

6.  Don't eat after dinner and go to bed rather than stay up snacking.  

• Marcenix2 months agoReport

I Like the advice that you have given! I particularly feel like the one about Portion Size and Slow eating really helps! Also, alot of the battle is won in the supermarket, which is another point you bring up which I Agree with! 
      Kind regards,Martin
      http://losingweightsolution.com/video

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Do you eat these sweets after eating "food", before, or throughout the day? If before or throughout, alot of good advices are given in this thread. 

If you eat them after "food", you might have disrupted your ability to 'feel full' and the cravings are just to big!

The video below shows a real example of someone who had the problem of never 'feeling full', and it disrupted her ability to lose weight. Luckily, the video ends happily :D 

Kind regards,Martin 

http://losingweightsolution.com/video

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you can't or won't (more than likely the problem), just keep the away from you.

• 2 months ago

If you want to lose weight, you definitely need to nix the sugar (and grains and processed foods generally). Sugar is addictive, and so, many people out there consume up to 52 pounds of the stuff a year (this is the average American consumption).

A person who stops sugar will experience withdrawal symptoms many times, but if you pay attention, and keep your electrolytes up, then you shouldn't have a huge problem. You'll still have some withdrawals, but it won't be as bad.

There is a sweetener out there called Monk Fruit sweetener which does not raise blood sugar/insulin levels, which you can opt to use in moderation. It's basically erythritol and stevia, so it's not harmful like aspartame is.

Best wishes!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Those donuts look really good!

• 2 months ago

Time to deliberately decide you are not going to eat that sweet thing and focus your attention on something else, like work or a favorite hobby, or even just how good you will feel when you lose that weight.  Take it one day at a time.  It's all about the choices you make one moment at a time.  Are you going to practice self-discipline, self-control, and be your own parent, do what is right?  Or are you going to yield to impulses of the moment, like a small child chasing from one impulse to another, only concerned with gratifying your desires of the moment?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This might sounds silly but it works & proved to work.

Just look at food & imagine that you are Eating it. Imagine that for few minutes & then Eat. If you do it you'll eat LESS than you usually eat. It won't stop you but you'll eat less & you don't have to eliminate sweets completely anyways 

• 2 months ago

LOL, I have that problem too, I guess try to exercise more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.