Is it ok to ignore CPU fan speed when using liquid pump to cool processor?

I bought a new PC recently that uses a liquid cooling system on the processor. I was having a lot of problems with the computer as it would crash constantly. I contacted the business that built my PC and inquired about the stop codes I was receiving. They instructed me to open up BIOS and reset my settings to default. After doing so, on booting up my computer I receive a CPU fan error every time and it asks me to go to BIOS. After contacting the business again, they instructed me to set my CPU fan speed to “ignore” and that it would allow my computer to boot up like normal. After talking to one of my computer savvy friends about the problem, he told me it probably wasn’t a good idea to set that option to ignore. Any idea if this is a safe/beneficial solution? Thanks.

you're good. if it is connected to the cpu fan header, the speed being measured is that of the fan(s) for the radiator. and, it may not be connected [which the BIOS would see an an error] because the radiator fan speed is controlled by the liquid cooling mini processor [which also controls the pump]

• P

With a liquid cooled computer what is important is your radiator fan speeds (and the pump operation).  The CPU fan monitor should be connected to the radiator fans, not only to monitor them, but so the system can automatically throttle the radiator fans up as the computer heats up.  

Radiator fans are extremely important in a liquid cooled system since it will overheat without them running therefore it's good to monitor them.   Obviously if this connector goes unused or the radiator fans are not functioning correctly you will get error messages.  Maybe your system is built with incompatible fans or fans that are not functioning correctly.  Typically these radiators need fans that can be automatically throttled by the cpu control, rather than the cheap fans that always run the same speed.  Ideally you need to replace the radiator fans with something compatible with your CPU fan control. 

That said, your CPU temperature is the most important, so if you are just trying to salvage a cheaply built liquid cooled system AS IS then I suppose ignoring the fan codes is your only option if your CPU temperature stays a normal temperature. 

The fan speed does not matter in terms of protecting the cpu because the cpu itself will trip the system if it over heats. What you want to make sure of is that the radiator fans are running. The issue may be that they did not plug the radiator fans into the cpu fan slot on the mother board or the fan speed is too slow to meet the minimum trip speed set by default in the bios. Ignoring the fan speed will let you at least boot up and take a look at things.

• Goerge

Some of these PC builders like Cyberpower are notorious for being sloppy with their work.

Is this question the severely abridged version? 

Which stop codes were you seeing?

What was/is your average CPU temp. at idle and full load?

Are you using something like MSI Afterburner to monitor your PC in real time while gaming?

Look at the fan that is connected to the cooler's radiator and follow it to the MB. Is it attached to the CPU fan header? It will say CPU fan. Now look at the radiator and follow its wire to the MB. Where is it connected? Pics? Near the bottom of the pic I posted, you will see CPU optional and that would be where I would expect the radiator's wire to go to. I would make sure that that optional header is always getting 100% power. You can find your PC's health and within that you can usually find your fan speeds that are typically controlled by your BIOS initially. Sometimes the PC would reduce the power if it was cool enough depending on the settings. The user could adjust the fan curve which basically means the fan would spin faster or slower depending on temperature. That's a bad thing when a pump is connected. That should never slow down. 

Ignoring the CPU fan speed is fine if you are monitoring the CPU's temperature. It(the PC's BIOS) expects that fan to spin at 1200rpm(just an example) but it's only spinning at 620rpm and it thinks that won't cool your CPU properly so it throws the alarm for the slowpoke fan. Have you verified all fans are spinning? 

Tom's Hardware forum is a better place for tech. help.

It depends on whether they installed a radiator fan with an RPM monitor connected to the CPU fan pinout. Given that you did not get this message until you reset the BIOS, I suspect that it was set to ignore when you received it.

I just generally sounds like you got a POS computer from a fly-by-night business.