Which protestants writers favoured Henry VIII ?

I'm referring to Charles Dickens 'Henry the Eighth has been favoured by some Protestant writers because the Reformation was achieved in his time.'

And I cant seem to find anywhere to which writers he refers to at all. 

Could really use the help

Favorite Answer

There are none it was punishable by death to disagree so every body was in favour it's sort of safer to the pilgrim fathers left 1620 to disagree in peace although he was long dead

• Marli

John Knox. The Foxe who wrote "Foxe's Book of Martyrs". All Henry's courtiers if they wanted to keep breathing. His son Edward's tutors. His daughter Elizabeth's tutors and courtiers.

Later, the archbishops, bishops and other Anglican clergy. They worked in the church Henry founded and Edward and Elizabeth developed, so they wrote books defending it against Roman Catholic theologians.

Sounds to me that Dickens didn't know either. Just ignore him. He doesn't know anything, Dickens.

• Tina

I don't think Dickens meant Protestant writers in Henry VIII's own time.

Luther defnitely didn't think much of him.