Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Which protestants writers favoured Henry VIII ?

I'm referring to Charles Dickens 'Henry the Eighth has been favoured by some Protestant writers because the Reformation was achieved in his time.'

And I cant seem to find anywhere to which writers he refers to at all. 

Could really use the help

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There are none it was punishable by death to disagree so every body was in favour it's sort of safer to the pilgrim fathers left 1620 to disagree in peace although he was long dead

• Marli
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

John Knox. The Foxe who wrote "Foxe's Book of Martyrs". All Henry's courtiers if they wanted to keep breathing. His son Edward's tutors. His daughter Elizabeth's tutors and courtiers.

Later, the archbishops, bishops and other Anglican clergy. They worked in the church Henry founded and Edward and Elizabeth developed, so they wrote books defending it against Roman Catholic theologians.

• 12 months ago

Sounds to me that Dickens didn't know either. Just ignore him. He doesn't know anything, Dickens.

• Tina
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

I don't think Dickens meant Protestant writers in Henry VIII's own time.

Luther defnitely didn't think much of him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.