Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

My partner and I decided that we're going to TTC. I'm a bit clueless, can anyone offer some help?

My partner is 32, I am 27. We've been together for 9 years and have decided to start trying to conceive. I've been on the pill for the past year and have only been off of them for one month. I'm a fairly healthy person, 5'6 154lbs, no health issues. 

What would you suggest I do to monitor myself? I'm thinking about ordering pH strips on Amazon, keeping track of my temperature, cycle etc. Is there anything else I could do? TIA

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I do not think you should worry too much about conceiving unless you have been trying for at least a year and still haven't gotten pregnant. 

Ovulation.... on average, happens between 12-14 days after your period. The egg is only viable for 12-24 hours so it must get fertilized in that time frame. As for men, semen is viable for a maximum of 5 days inside your body. 

I would say, have sex with your partner at least three times a week. That way, if you do not know when your ovulation day is, at least you're active all month long. You could also download an app on your phone that monitors your period cycle and predicts when your ovulation may occur. 

Because you got off the pill, your period might be lighter than usual and last a fewer days. (Speaking from experience)... wait two or three months until your period has normalized before trying. Then again, that does not stop you from having sex so go ahead and have fun... and if it happens, it happens. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You and your partner need to detox and get away with toxins in the household. 

• Nine Lives
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

My goodness - stupid like HËLL! You will stay infertile. Do in vitro or adopt a child. 

• LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think you mean LH strips. pH strips are something else. If you do get some, Wondfo sells packs of 25 tests for like $9 -- WAY cheaper than typical ovulation predictor kits you get at the store, and they do the same thing.

• 2 months ago

I'd probably opt to just relax and have fun for at least a six months before chucking a bunch of money into things you might not need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When in God's name did getting pregnant become such such a chore???

• ...Show all comments
    • Tulip
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I did not I had 12 pregnancies however this person is not experiencing any issues they are just making work of itv

• 2 months ago

Do your (s)exercises and stop worrying. It could take up to two years, due to the pill. After that have your partner tested. 90% of the time HIS fault. (if you cannot conceive).

Peace.

• LizB
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The pill doesn't take 2 years to get out of your system. It can take a couple of months for menstrual cycle to regulate, but not 2 years.

• 2 months ago

Use condoms for the next month or two, just to let your cycle normalize again.

Then have sex. Lots and lots of sex.

• Jill
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Why? 

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Forget monitoring yourself. There's no reason to think that you will have any problems falling pregnant at 27 - that will probably just cause anxiety which never helps when TTC. 

Just have lots of unprotected sex whenever you feel like it (starting a few days after your period ends is usually a good time if you have anything like a 28 day cycle) and then if your next period seems overdue take a pregnancy test. There is only up to 25% chance of falling pregnant each cycle so if you don't fall pregnant right away it doesn't mean there is a problem. Give yourself 6 months of trying before you start thinking about ovulation tests and the like. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.