Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 2 months ago

Did the company illegally buy my console?

I sold my Xbox one Slim to a company when actually I selected the original Xbox one console so I sold the wrong thing and they still brought it??? Are they aloud to do this

• Lance
    Favorite Answer

Your the one that made the mistake not them, So they did nothing wrong they bought it in good faith. maybe they got a better deal than they would have gotten other wise....You might be able to get them to pay you a little more as your xbox slim is probably worth a little more than what they paid for. You could try calling them or email and apologize for your mistake and see if they would pay you the difference, they might do that... Its possible that you could take them to small claims court but you would only be eligible for the difference in price. You would also have to pay court costs which would probably be higher than what you could get so probably not worth it. Another idea would be to contact the BBB if they are a member the BBB might be able to get you compensated.. Also in some states the attorney generals office might be able to help you get some money. Being that its your fault though the Attorney generals office may be reluctant to take the case.

You gave an offer and they accepted it. I don't see what's illegal about it unless there was something illegal about selling consoles in general, which there isn't.

If anything the only one you hurt was yourself as a newer S console is probably worth slightly more than an old original Xbox One, so you probably took a lower offer than you could have.

They probably have no idea at all. Some drone in the back opened the box, said, yep that's an Xbox, checked the address, and put it on the recycle rack. Boom. If you want satisfaction you're going to have to chase your case fast. I hope you have your serial numbers handy.

They made you a cash offer for property you were selling and you accepted. Deal done.

• Jim

You made the mistake and they purchased your Slim. Nothing illegal here.