Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 3 months ago

Good suburbs to live in Chicago for 20s couple?

What are some safe/quiet but still fun suburbs of Chicago that would be good for a young couple to buy a house and plant a life in? Mid 20s and will eventually start a family there for at least our first baby. Safety is important. Looking at homes under 500k

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Schaumburg if you are fair-to-middling, Evanston if you have the money...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Try Naperville.  

• 3 months ago

I have lived in the north suburbs for most of my life, and some of the north and northwest suburbs that I know do offer decent housing for people like you. Here are some good places to consider that are neither low income nor upper income and are not far from Chicago: Skokie, Morton Grove, Glenview (some parts), Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Mt Prospect, Arlington Heights, and Evanston (a few parts). Each of these has decent schools, good parks, and services.

There are other middle-income suburbs further northwest. Most of the North Shore suburbs (closer to the Lake) are upper income, and you probably could not afford them. Also, the blue-collar suburb of Niles has affordable housing, but may not have the amenities that you might like.

I cannot comment on the western or southern suburbs.

• 3 months ago

Evanston is a college town with great resteraunts, coffee shops, people from the city actually go there for that reason

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

The best way to pick a place to live in Chicago is to plan your commute, and then look at the towns along the way. Most suburbs on the BNSF line are nice, for instance. Stop in at the grocery store for a good idea of the town's feeling.

Source(s): Note: Evanston is a lovely town, but because Northwestern does not pay their fair share of taxes, this burden is on the property owners. It can be expensive; fees to park, fees to use the beach....it's never ending.
  • 3 months ago

Evanston, Illinois.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.