Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why does Christianity basically say that you have to let others treat you like garbage?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Correcting people is good, but understand that some people will choose to be wicked regardless of good correction, sound advice...etc... they just don't care. Not everyone will treat you well, especially if they know you believe in Jesus. For example, the people in my theater class liked an accepted me, but when they found out I was a conservative, I received hatred, not for anything I did, as I had done nothing wrong, but I happened to be associated with what they hated. Likewise, I have received hatred for being a Christian, not because of anything I have done, as I had not even ever spoken or interacted with the person, who decided to confront me, hand me a hate note, and basically call me a bigot - just because I had a Jesus is God sticker on my car. Also a Jehovah's Witness yelled at me from outside my car, and told me Jesus is Lord, but He is not God -- which is absolutely stupid considering the Bible states over and over that the Lord is God, and that there is only one Lord, and Jesus is identified as the Lord. We cannot make people treat us right.

Even when we are kind, we can receive hate, it's just a reality of living in this present evil world, with people who are hostile towards God. As He was in the world, so are we, the Bible says. We cannot control everything around us, but we have to choose to react in a righteous way, and use wisdom, and discernment for the scenarios we find ourselves in. It is God's heart that people be converted from darkness to the light, so sometimes we choose to suffer mistreatment and be patient with a person in hopes that the person will change their heart, and open themselves up to considering God. We who are saved, are secure in Him, but they are headed towards destruction, and it is our role to try to point them in the right direction... though it is their role to choose to go in the right direction. The book of Proverbs is a good read, regarding this subject matter as it deals with the issues of the wise vs the fools: the person who has no love for correction, and the wise who receive correction and choose the path towards life.

• ?
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

How else can 1 become truly Humble ?

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

A person can battle bullying and injustice using the rosary and fasting.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Because Christianity is a slave fantasy. Christians want to be slaves.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Because christianity was specifically designed for non Jewish people

• Tim
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Only people that are garbage treat others like garbage.

Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

According to whom?

• I don't think that's true in the divine sense of things.

besides, my dad was an avid garbage collector and I have a set of cast iron pans that prove him right.

• 12 months ago

I think it's due to the fact that the bible is an ancient book that has very different moral values from those which we have today. Christianity is outdated, so is religion. Buy my mixtape.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.