Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 4 months ago

why do people care if you speak like them?

I speak english but it isnt exactly like how normal people do. Its just hard for me to express my thoughts in a deep way while maintaining the standard grammar people expect. people have literally called me autistic or said i have a learning disability because i dont communicate in the same pattern of words as them

Update:

and that has been mostly 20-30 yr old women who have called me autistic

Update 2:

this is why i keep my mouth shut. i dont even talk online anymore. absolute miserable life because normal people cant just think about the words im using instead of the phrases

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I have a speech, problem, when i get nervous, i studded alot. You can always chat with me

• 3 months ago

F.U©¢k them.  I do have a learning disability.

• lkl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You can help yourself by taking a Speech class or join Toastmasters. You could be dyslexic but not by what I see in your writing. Keep in mind trolls are everywhere. I hadn't been on here for years till recently, I joined 10 years ago and now there are trolls everywhere and sad thing is trolls calling other people trolls.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

It's called conformity and obedience. My way or the highway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Unfortunately with language you have to use words and constructions other people will understand otherwise you will fail to communicate. When that happens, you are bound to get frustrated. Solving this is by conforming to accepted modes of speech, you can't realistically expect everyone else to change to suit you.

• 4 months ago

Never have heard you talk, so all I can assume is that you might be hard to understand. 

• 4 months ago

I haven't heard you speak so I can't say. It might be you are hard to understand.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.