Why are my eyes hurting so much using my computer lcd monitor?

This has happened for a year now but has got worse in the last couple of weeks, even with the brightness turned right down...... I’m a 42 year old man.

I’ve spent 15 years in front of my computer monitor, living as a shut in, ......I’m panicking has my computer monitor harmed my eyes? Please someone reassure me that my eyes haven’t been harmed?

Why are my eyes aching and hurting so much that I can’t sit in front of my computer right now?

They’re hurting a lot for weeks now whilst using my computer........could it be 5G even though I don’t have a 5G device?

I’d appreciate any reassurance.

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

You're staring at the screen too long. Every 20 minutes or so, take short breaks from the screen. Do something else like exercise, eat, drink, go to the toilet, talk to real people.

It's usually the Blue backlighting that hurts the eyes.

You're probably going to have to get one of those monitors that has a Blue light reduction mode and you may want to get your eyes checked.

If you just so happen to take a heartburn medicine that uses a Proton Pump Inhibitor, then you may be deficient on minerals like magnesium. A magnesium deficiency will give you headaches and make your eyes hurt.

In the meantime, you might want to stay away from your screen in order to let your eyes recover.

• opurt

There's always the 20-20-20 rule -- Every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. It gives your eyes a break from the close focusing on a computer screen. You'll find that it also makes you blink as you do this, helping avoid dry eyes.

It's also possible that as you're getting older, your eyesight may be weakening and you might need reading glasses, or bifocals if you already have glasses.

Try eye drops - and remind yourself to COMPLETELY blink often. We do but resize how dry or eyes get! Also increase font size. I am a professiinsk classical musician, and I scan and enlists l enlarge almost everything, and orbit it out on 11x27 paper, that I then trim down some. Lighting in the room is critical. And I take a break / put down my instrument walk around a little, etc. for 20 minutes every hour.