Anonymous

dear americans can you help me about your ancestry?

Dear Americans, is it true that most of the white americans have got german, irish and then english origins?

Why some americans of english and british origin identify themselves as americans at the census? Why they can't tell their english and british origins, the true americans are the native or it refers to the 13 american colonies so then the wasps?

Who are the wasps exactly? and are surnames of non english origins anglicized in Usa?

Why it's done a difference between whites, hispanic and not hispanic? And american with spanish origin are thei white hispanic lotinos or europeans?

How many americans have origins from the 13 colonies?

How many americans have origin from the spanish non-mestizo colonizers? for example like hispanos of N. Mexico, Texas, California

How is decided the american origin map from the various states? For example if the majority of a state has got its own origin (for example german) the colour of the map is according to the majority of the state? I explain my self better: the majority of californians have german origins so is it blue in the map for the german origin=

Question similar to the previous one: an american with more origins decides its origin according to the ethnicity of its ancestors?

please answer all questions 10 point to the best answer

Favorite Answer

I am caucasion, I'm from the U.S and I live in California. My ancestry in mostly Spanish, My ancesters came to North-America from Spain and settled in "New Spain." The Spanish colonies, that my ancesters settled in, were later annexed into the U.S.

• Zirp

You've been spamming this quiz for many months. If you don't like the answers you've gotten, I suggest you post the questions separately - in such a way that they are not about the answerer, as that would be a chat-violation.

> Why some americans of english and british origin identify themselves as americans at the census?

Because neither they themselves nor the real English consider them English. Just because my greatgrandparent was Swiss does not make me Swiss

The USA nation was created by white British settlers. They set up 13 colonies which grew into the USA nation. Originally, USA citizenship was limited to whites only. Yes, the Spanish and French did have their own colonies on American land but those eventually ceased or were absorbed by the growing Anglo colonies as the Anglo colonies spread. Native Americans had their own tribal nations separate from the USA nation. So, to conclude, the USA nation was created by British settlers and is historically and culturally Anglo but was created for all free white people (naturalization act of 1790). Many Americans have German, Irish, and British ancestry while others have Russian, Italian, etc. However, culturally, they're all Anglo. They identify themselves based on their nationality, not ancestry. That is why they don't see themselves as British or German—because they're not citizens of the UK or Germany.

• A

The census asks about RACE not nationality of ancestors

There are lots of people from all countries. I live in a very French area.  In RI lots of Italians.  ... 

Pray to GOD for they best answer you can get! 

I believe in the Human race myself.