i got scammed can anyone help?

some guy said he will give me $200 if he can trust me by buying an itunes gift card and giving him the code. i did and i realized it was a scam at the last moment, i blocked him and went to go redeem the code myself but it had already been redeemed i dont know what this means for me i have reported it but im 15 and dont have a credit card or anything i bought the card with cash. what does this mean for me ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You have lost your cash. That's it.

All you can do is learn from the experience.

Anything too good to be true is just that - a scam..

At least it was not a 419 scam where you had supposedly inherited millions. 

Some people have been fleeced for thousands or tens of thousands & even stolen far more from employers to pay the endless imaginary "fees" hoping to get the non-existent money..

• 6 months ago

Do not trust a person you do not about him. Never give any personal information to anyone.

• F
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You’ve lost your money . Just watch out for Nigerian princes wanting to help you.

• Who
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Use your brains next time - thats what brains are for

Just think through the steps that led to you being scammed and try to work out how it happened

(p.s - what was the point of blocking him? - I assume you had a reason - but think now - how would it have stopped you being scammed?)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It means you paid your tuition in the school or hard knocks.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It means you have been scammed out of what you spent

• 6 months ago

It means you just taught yourself an expensive lesson. Learn from it.

• 6 months ago

It means that you lost $200.

There is nothing that you can do about it.  The scammer was probably in West Africa.

Be thankful it was only $200.  Many people lose a lot more.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

What it means for you is he took advantage of a naive 15 year old, and you're out the cost of the gift card. Learn from it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

stop getting scamed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.