Anonymous

Can you take voluntary furlough?

I'm in the UK Recruitment world and have been moved to help another team/keep me in a job which I am more than grateful for. However, this new role is more cold call centre and not quite what I've done/would choose to do. Can I take voluntary furlough? 

• Etta

No you cant and if employer only gives you one days work you still cant claim it, Google it and it explains it and it says even if you have to answer a phone once or send an email you are working and cannot get furlough. The only way an employee can get it is if employer has no work for them and employer can then claim the government for 80% of your wages

well I don't think so

• Maxi

Employers are only eligible to claim the reimbursement once they have agreed the furlough with employees and the employees have stopped working. Your employer has not stopped you working they have found you another job to enable you to continue to work and earn...just because the work you are doing isn't something you 'like' or would normally choose to do is irrelevant, you are in a better position than many people, you are working and erning and should be grateful that you are

You cannot choose to be furloughed; this is a decision that would be taken by your employer, with your agreement.

• Tavy

No you cannot, furlough is for firms that have to close. You have a job, it's the employers that have to put you on furlough, you can't quit and claim it.

UK

Maybe they move you there to bring some heat to the place....remember it is a team that works together brings results so make it one for it is a place to put those they do want to lose during this virus .....

• Matt

Not sure. Have others in your organisation been furloughed or have they all been redeployed? Talk to your line manager maybe?