jonniebaby asked in TravelCanadaNiagara Falls · 7 months ago

Will I be able to go to Canada?

I’m from the US. I have a trip bought and paid for last year to Toronto and Niagara Falls. Should I try to get my money back or wait?  It’s scheduled for late June early July. 

Contact the people you paid money to and ask them.

• lkl

The border is shut. Nobody knows yet it's too soon but I can say this won't be over for some time and some of us will never be able to leave our homes again if we want to stay alive. Even when it does open up are you really willing to risk your lives and the lives of others?

• opurt

Unless the situation stabilizes, the border isn't likely to be reopened for tourism any time soon. The current border closure has already been extended to the end of May, and most public events in Ontario are already cancelled through to and including Canada Day.

It's looking pretty iffy at this point.  Ontario is having some serious virus problems, but, nothing like what the USA is having.  Americans are unlikely to be let in for a fair while.

It is probable the restrictions will be lifted in May. 

No one can say, at this time. Really. No one knows what, if any, travel restrictions will be in place 2 months from now. NO ONE, ANYWHERE.

• Mr Q

You should be able to get a free cancelation, or try to rebook it in the Fall (September or October).

Get it now.  You may only get a voucher. If the place is clear in June there probably won't be many takers, anyway. Lotsof space.

• k w

I think you'll be able to go.....