Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 months ago

I'm an 18 year old female, but I feel like a little boy, like I love space, dinosaurs, boats, the ocean, childrens crafts, and want..?

A flat chest SOOOOOOOO BAD. What's wrong with me?? I feel like a kid, which I guess is because I had a really traumatic childhood and never got to experience my little kid years, but I'm mad at my brother more than my parents because he got to be a boy and I'm not. What's wrong with me??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Who told you that girls couldn't like those things...  Sounds like you may just be confused via linking the want of those interests with your brother being a boy child, as if it's off limits for you.

But good news, you're allowed to like those subjects, even as an adult. 

Maybe just try to come to terms with liking them as a young adult woman though and indulge your curiosity in those subjects in healthy ways, instead of focusing on clinging to want to have it as a kid or trying to be like your brother. There are certainly careers an 18 year old could decide to pursue in those subjects.

I mean I'm 40 and recently saw blind bag Jurassic Park dinos in the dollar store and got three for my 3-year-old nephew for Easter... and one for myself. lol Just because you're grown doesn't mean the fun stuff has to end, and no harm in a little plastic dino. :D

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

I think you've named it: a traumatic childhood and getting to see your brother have what you may feel was an "easier" or "better" childhood. It makes sense to long for a childhood, especially as you are entering adulthood and the responsibilities keep coming your way. Let yourself enjoy the things you enjoy and keep a sense of childlike wonder... that's okay.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Talk with gender identity therapist for some counseling.  If your anonymously posted story is true, a professional can help you make sense of your conflicting feelings.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You need a very good psychiatrist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

So what are you going to do about it?  What’s next?  College?  Military?  At 18, you need to start moving forward in your life, not backward.   

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Only a medical health professional can diagnose your problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.