Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 3 months ago

What happens if you never use body wash?

Every body wash I got would make me itchy and I would get an allergic reaction. What would happen if I just stopped using body wash?

Favorite Answer

Same girl. You should switch to a hypoallergenic soap bar. Some hypoallergenic soaps still make be break out in hives, but there's a sulfur soap I bought that really calms my skin. Usually soaps meant for dermatitis and poison ivy and things will calm your skin. 

. 

If you don't wash your body you could get bacne, chest acne, fungal infections, weird odors, etc. You can wash your body with just water some days if you need to, but you still need soap every now and again.

• k w

bet you gave credit to the wrong thing....I too had itchy skin, but it disappeared once I put a filter on the water supply for the shower, the itch for me was in the water, the chlorine did it....but I figured it out, and no more itch for me.......maybe it's not the bodywash ?

• Lili

Why would you need to use body wsh to get yourself clean?

Use a mild, unscented soap, like Ivory.  I never use body wash.  I just use soap.

• TedEx

Use what people did before body wash was invented. use  soap.

You will stink......

You will smell like ****.

When you take a shower you should act like you are clothes rinsing in the washer.

You would not be cleaning yourself properly and would most likely start smelling.  Go to a pharmacy and ask about special products for people who are allergic to soap.  There are special washing creams.

• Lili

Body washes contain ingredients that mild soaps do not. Fragrance can cause problems, for example.