Do I need special computer glasses ?

For about a year my eyes have been hurting and aching whilst using my 19 inch lcd computer monitor....my eyes haven’t always ached like this and I’ve been using a desktop computer for 15 years.....I’ve had to have a break from my computer for days because of this eye aching and hurting and use my iPhone to ask this question...........I’m a 42 year old man who has lived as a shut in, for years now, always on the computer night and day........              

I can’t get to see an optician at the moment because of this lockdown.......but I was wondering why my eyes have been aching and hurting using my LCD monitor and do I need some type of special glasses to use my computer monitor?

Favorite Answer

you probably just need an ordinary pair of prescription eyeglasses. Early 40s. I had same exact Rx for 12 years starting at age 32, but then it began to change, so you're right on time.

as temporary measure [might work -- who knows?] take a paperback book [relatively small type] with you to the pharmacy. Try several different strengths of their "readers" -- holding the book at arm's length [NOT up close] to simulate computer viewing distance. If this makes the book easier to read [no squinting!], find a pair you can tolerate and buy them. This might stave off the need to see an optician for a year -- and then, try the same thing again!

don't spend over 20 on this

Source(s): grampa
  • Lex

The only way to know that is by buying a pair of special glasses (also called gamer glasses) and trying it. And even then, you'll probably just end up tackling symptoms. You unfortunately will need to see an optician to nail this one. There is NO short cut or work around.

• Bill-M

Can you Read an Actual Book without any problems or eye glasses??

If you can't read then you need glasses.   They don't have special computer glasses.