Can my mom apply for PUA benefits? NYC area ?

I’m from nyc and my mother never worked before but is the caregiver for my little sister and her school is closed due to covid. My mother also was recently seeking part time work as a home care agent or daycare worker but hasn’t had the chance to because of covid as well. Will she qualify for PUA benefits! 

• kswck2

Highly doubtful.

PUA - pick up artist?

stop taking free **** from the government. you're really taking a chunk out of the federal deficit and by extension, my paycheck. moocher.

• stop taking free **** from the government. you're really taking a chunk out of the federal deficit and by extension, my paycheck. moocher.

Apply, all they will say is no. 

https://labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/ui-covid-faq.pdf

note she first has to apply for UI benefits (which will be denied since she hasn't worked at a job that paid UI premiums but that's okay).

there a bonds interface awentworthville i am going back to wearing chinese underpants hong kong chinese the bonds wenworth ville is trying to run the the country

It never hurts to apply: if she doesn't qualify, they will let her know. If she does, then you get the financial assistance you need & deserve. So, just do it!

"To be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), you must provide self-certification that you are able to work and available for work, and that you are unemployed, partially employed, or unable or unavailable to work due to one of these COVID-19-related situations:3 

You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms of it and are trying to get diagnosed 

A member of your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19 

You are providing care for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 

You are providing care for a child or other household member who can't go to school or to a care facility because it's closed due to COVID-19 

You are quarantined or have been advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine 

You were scheduled to start a job and no longer have the job or can't reach the job due to COVID-19 

You have become the primary earner for a household because the head of household died as a direct result of COVID-19 

You had to quit your job as a direct result of COVID-19 

Your place of employment is closed as a direct result of COVID-19 

You meet other criteria set forth by the Secretary of Labor 

Benefit amounts are calculated [. . .]." See link below for more.

No.

To receive unemployment you have to have been earning an income and lost that income (or a part of it) due to covid-19

benefits, benefits everybody with their hands out

maybe on a low heat