Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

Do you think people using heavy drugs deserve punishment? And if yes to what degree?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • polly
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes,but only as a deterrent to keep them off it.

Although drug use isn't as serious as violent crime, it supports serious criminals because of the harm it inflicts on it's users & at the end of the day, heavy drugs are illegal

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

They absolutely deserve punishment and a lot of treatment. I wonder how many casual drug users would stop if they knew for certain that says 2nd offense possession would result in six months in jail and six months in a rehab mandatory? Creating a system where if you choose to live that way and break the laws that you will spend more of your time an institution in jails than being free is a heavy price to pay a maybe it what's best for society.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What do you mean by heavy drugs, I was on Fentanyl which is a hundred times stronger than morphine. I think that all drugs should be legal. We will have those who abuse drugs, alcohol is the worst drug you can put in your body.

• blank
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If they are taking them but not violent or selling or causing any other law except for taking them they should get treatment. Other wise then yes they should be punished.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

They need medical treatment for their addictions.

The people trafficking and selling the drugs are the ones that ned to be punished.

• 8 months ago

People should not be selling and distributing drugs into a community. It leads to gang volience, prostitution, and drug dealers. They deserve jail time. The other ones should get treatment for their addiction. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.