Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Francisco · 3 months ago

Stockton California sucks. Where is a city nearby I can move to?

Man, Stockton is the crappiest city ever. It's mostly just ugly buildings and illegal mexicans. It really is the worst place I've ever been to; basically like being in a third-world country.

It's safe to assume NO ONE in their right mind lives there by choice. And that's another thing. No one there is in their right mind, the whites I encounter look like they are on drugs or welfare. Everyone else is just an illegal mexican.

Depressing.

If you like the outdoors Camping, Hiking and Fishing, Plumas County is nice

You should try Stockton, County Durham, that's even worse lol!

• Axiom

That is a nice place to leave!

• John

I'd suggest Barstow. Such a lovely town and not hot like Needles. If you like a bigger town then look into Bakersfield. Merle Haggard was from Bakersfield.

What's your housing budget like?  I understand that any place within 100 miles of the SF Bay area is quite pricey.  Why this is, I don't understand.

You're looking for recommendations?  Try Correctionville, Iowa.

Have you considered Davis? It’s not that far away. It’s a little college town that’s mostly white (though some diversity) and pretty liberal. It’s more sophisticated than Stockton. 

• Larry

though some diversity. Shame, shame, shame.

• F

Stockton in the UK is pretty “special” too. No Mexicans though.

If you don't like where you are living then move.

Simple really.

Your post has no relevance to travel or SF and is more or a rant than a question.

Anywhere outside of Stockton would be better. If you like cities, just go to Sacramento.

• Larry

Sacramento isn't any better than Stockton. It's the state capital and full of politicians, but not much else. You'll be very bored.

• Larry

San Francisco would be the closest big city. But it is a couple hours drive. It's not cheap by any means, but people seem to make it work. It's a magical city, built on hills, full of Victorian houses and apartments. I lived there for 8 years along time ago, and it was expensive then, but I always managed to find some great apartments.

• abdul

Move up to the foothills and try Jackson CA out. Anyplace out of the San Joaquin/ Sacramento vallies is better.