Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 11 months ago

Was the Spanish Flu pandemic worse than the present day coronavirus pandemic?

In all aspects. Why so much complain then?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Spanish flu pandemic killed something like 50 million people. It was also in the midst of a major world war, so people were also dying from that. But we weren't global travelers back then. We couldn't get on a plane in India or China and be in Europe or the U.S. within 24 hours. Any novel disease now has the potential to become a worldwide pandemic.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes, it was and will always be. Coronavirus has a 98% survival rate. Seriously, the virus was just about BIDEN winning the ELECTION. So was BLM all propaganda to win the ELECTION!! WAKEY WAKEY!!

• 5 months ago

Somewhat, yes.  They were both worse for their time.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes. . . . . . . . .It WAS. . . . . . . . . .But not for long................  In months, if not in weeks, we all will find out the real size and nature and real strength and horror of this coronavirus.    We have only seen the very tip of the iceberg.   The coronavirus will turn out to be hundreds of times worse and deadlier than the Spanish Flu pandemic was.   It is only a matter of time, (time which has not passed yet).  Yes, "time will tell".   I would estimate that between ten and twenty million Americans will die from the virus somewhere around New Years.  Over 250,000,000 cases in US before end of year.   80% of all world populace will be effected because we can NOT simply wait the virus out, it will never leave until WE go out there and encounter it, (contact it).            Get immune or die, yes, it's an awful choice, I hate to say it, but that sure is the way it is turning out to be.  I'd say that at least six billion people will catch it before end of next year.  And roughly 500 million will die from it world wide before the end of next year.    My estimate is based on eighty percent of all people catching the damn virus before it actually starts dying out.   Immunity is the only defense we have against this germ warfare.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Yes the Spanish flu was worse

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Yes it was but only because we didn’t have treatment very much

• Bort
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

FFS you're on the internet and like everyone else you're at home doing not much of anything. So spend some of that time educating yourself and researching things you're curious about.

https://www.google.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.