Miguel
Lv 4
Miguel asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 3 months ago

What's the best mode of transportation?

I have no interest in driving a car, what's 

the next best thing? bus? electric-bicycle?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

'Best' depends on a number of factors - how far you need to go on a regular basis, if you need to be able to take passengers, if you need to be able to carry any kind of cargo (groceries, packages, etc.), the type of terrain, average temperature/precipitation, etc.

A car/truck/SUV gives you a lot of freedom to commute further, go on trips, and carry other passengers/cargo.

A motorcycle gives you the same kind of freedom, but you are generally limited to one passenger (unless you have a sidecar - but they are pretty rare), and limited cargo.  You are exposed to the elements as well - but with good tires and the right riding gear, I know people who ride year round.

Motorized bicycle is good for short trips - and has the advantage of being lighter and being able to go just about anywhere (they frown at you for riding motorcycles on sidewalks, through grass, etc.).  They are more expensive than a standard bike (which is another option), but can keep you from getting as worn out/sweaty on a short commute (especially on hilly terrain).  Again, you are exposed to the elements.

Public transportation (bus/train/subway) is a good alternative (if available) to having to worry about owning/operating a vehicle - or in conjunction with another mode of transportation like a bike (which you can bring on the bus with you) or a motorcycle (for those days when it rains and you don't want to ride).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Cruise ship a very large one with a luxury vip lounge.

• 3 months ago

How far do you travel?

Do you have a lot of money?

Do you carry luggage?

Do you enjoy getting wet?

Do you like being exposed to all weathers?

Do you see where my questions are leading?

• 3 months ago

A bicycle or ebike most certainly so. Also a bus is fun to ride. Segway isn't bad either

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Jet pack ......

• 3 months ago

Electric trains. Buses are not too bad. Bicycles are dangerous because of the incompetent drivers on the road.

• 3 months ago

I like my flying motorcycle

• 3 months ago

Depends on where you are going.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

A chauffeur driven limo

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

How far do you have to go?  Electric bike is great in the summer, not so much in winter or when it's raining.  Do you  have to go on local roads or on busy highways?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.