Movies Section: What is your favorite acting performance from Johnny Depp?

IMO: Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

HM: Wade Walker in Cry-Baby, Lerner in Platoon, Gilbert Grape in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Edward Scissorhands in Edward Scissorhands, Glen Lantz in A Nightmare on Elm Street, George Jung in Blow, Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow, Gellert Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Rango in Rango

P.S. If it counts, Tom Hanson in 21 Junp Street (TV Show)

Favorite Answer

J. M. Barrie (Finding Neverland)

HM: Jack Sparrow (the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise in general. I like the character, not the movies), Gilbert Grape (What's Eating Gilbert Grape), Wade Walker (Cry-Baby), Edward Scissorhands, Don Juan (Don Juan DeMarco), Roux (Chocolat), Victor Van Dort (Corpse Bride), Frank Tupelo/Alexander Pearce (The Tourist).

Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow

Rango in Rango

Jack Sparrow

Not a fan, but the 1st Pirates movie was alright...

The whole audience was just cracking up... like people who didn't even seem to know who he is.

I knew who he is.

Get this: I've never seen Edward Scissorhands... but I did see a movie (part of it) where he is supposed to be a British dude and tries the accent.

The accent is ok, but he doesn't look Anglo-Saxon. 

Donnie Brasco in Donnie Brasco.

HM:  The Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

I liked him as John Dillinger in Public enemies.

Also in secret window?

He plays a creepy writer.

Chocolat.

Gilbert Grape. 

Donnie Brasco. 

Fear and loathing in las vegas.

Agreed. He gave his best performance as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

Everything he’s been in. Even as he was sinking into the bed and all his blood came splashing out all over the ceiling dripping all over the floor in A Nightmare On Elm Street 

George Jung in Blow.

I think the secret window. He plays a writer who has a physiological order. A man harass him and kills people but in the end it was depp but he was in a physiological state that he thought it was someone else. Fantastic film