promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Voltron-5238 asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Do toy dogs (breed) ever pant ?

It’s obvious why medium and large dogs pant but what about the small toy dog breeds?  I don’t know much about them but with all the ones I’ve seen I never have seen them pant like larger dogs.  Yorkshire terriers and pugs are two examples of toy dogs.  

Also, can they bite?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

ALL dogs pant regardless of size and ALL dog can bite. Of course the damage involved will be greatly different. A bite from a Pug is in no way on the same damage scale as a bite from something like a German Shepherd Dog or Dobermann.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, they pant. My little one pants mostly when it gets hot, but sometimes after exertion at the dog park.

I go into peoples homes for work and have been bitten by dogs several times. All but one bite was from small dogs.

• 2 months ago

Of course, ALL DOGS can & do pant if the become hot or overheated. Dogs do not sweat other than through their foot pads, so they panting is how they try to cool themselves.  Pugs are at extreme RISK of overheating due to being a brachycephalic breed.  For heavens sake, any dog with teeth - CAN BITE.

• 2 months ago

yep................... they must sweat also

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course they pant. 

And yes, anything with teeth can bite.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.