Voltron-5238 asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Do toy dogs (breed) ever pant ?

It’s obvious why medium and large dogs pant but what about the small toy dog breeds?  I don’t know much about them but with all the ones I’ve seen I never have seen them pant like larger dogs.  Yorkshire terriers and pugs are two examples of toy dogs.  

Also, can they bite?

ALL dogs pant regardless of size and ALL dog can bite. Of course the damage involved will be greatly different. A bite from a Pug is in no way on the same damage scale as a bite from something like a German Shepherd Dog or Dobermann.

Yes, they pant. My little one pants mostly when it gets hot, but sometimes after exertion at the dog park.

I go into peoples homes for work and have been bitten by dogs several times. All but one bite was from small dogs.

Of course, ALL DOGS can & do pant if the become hot or overheated. Dogs do not sweat other than through their foot pads, so they panting is how they try to cool themselves.  Pugs are at extreme RISK of overheating due to being a brachycephalic breed.  For heavens sake, any dog with teeth - CAN BITE.

yep................... they must sweat also

• *****

Of course they pant. 

And yes, anything with teeth can bite.