Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Everyone must die, if not in your sleep how do you deal with the misery leading up to it?

There's a story about an old monk who was the headmaster at a Catholic school, and attended a meeting of other headmasters. They all gave talks about what their schools did to prepare their pupils for life, but when it came to the monk's turn he said 'Gentlemen, I regret I cannot add much to this discussion, as the whole aim of our school is to prepare our pupils for death'.

The point behind that joke is that death shouldn't be an afterthought to be ignored as long as possible then worried about at the last minute. Our whole life should be lived well as a preparation for meeting God when we die. Those who are confident that they love God, have tried to serve him, and have repented of their sins, can face death with greater peace and hope, and even with a joy that they are moving beyond the trials of this life and reaching the destination that they were created for.

too be honest i want it too be sooner

• Mack

Make sure it’s not miserable. Studies show that the elderly are the happiest age group.

• RWPossum

I'm not familiar with any study. I do know of an elderly man who says this is the happiest time of his life, having already lived through all the difficult aspects of life, so that nothing surprises him anymore.