When I first started having periods, it was fine. But as I got older the pain got worse. What do I do? ?

I started when I was 16 and when I turned 18, it felt like something hit me really hard. And it only got worse with each month here and there. now I'm 26 and for an entire year, I haven't been able to work to my full content without any sort of medication. Without medication, I feel like I'm literally being stabbed. And I've never been stabbed before. It's a constant pain that leaves me in a fetal position until medication sets in. 

I have no idea what or if it's even normal. I just wish I didn't have to deal with this pain every month. 

See a gynecologist for help when you can. You shouldn't have to go around in unnecessary pain.

• Tavy

The majority of women take painkillers each month, I did, why do you think that is unusual.

Periods HURT.

Go to a gynecologist for an exam

Consider having your eggs frozen and getting your ovaries removed to stop this. It definitely not normal.