Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Who inspires you to be the best person you can be and/or who inspires you to follow your dreams? Use quotes from the text in your response.?

Who inspires you to be the best person you can be and/or who inspires you to follow your dreams? Use examples/quotes from the text in your response.

Mother to Son

BY LANGSTON HUGHESWell, son, I’ll tell you:Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.It’s had tacks in it,And splinters,And boards torn up,And places with no carpet on the floor—Bare.But all the timeI’se been a-climbin’ on,And reachin’ landin’s,And turnin’ corners,And sometimes goin’ in the darkWhere there ain’t been no light.So boy, don’t you turn back.Don’t you set down on the steps’Cause you finds it’s kinder hard.Don’t you fall now—For I’se still goin’, honey,I’se still climbin’,And life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.HarlemBY LANGSTON HUGHESWhat happens to a dream deferred?      Does it dry up      like a raisin in the sun?      Or fester like a sore—      And then run?      Does it stink like rotten meat?      Or crust and sugar over—      like a syrupy sweet?      Maybe it just sags      like a heavy load.      Or does it explode?

• Andrew

Nobody's going to do your homework for you.