Sufication feeling in your head and not being able to breath normally?

Iv'e had anxiety for several years now. Much worse the last couple of years. It's worse when it gets hot out side. One symptom I get is this suffication feeling and feeling my head isn't getting enough oxygen.

Do yourself a favor and get tested and if it isn't the virus see a doctor and find out.what it is.

• Edna

Has it ever occurred to you that your feeling of suffocation and your head not getting enough oxygen (especially when it's hot outside) might not be due to anxiety?  You could very easily have a lung infection, or some sort of chronic respiratory problem, such as COPD, emphysema, or asthma.  

See your doctor. There are all sorts of medications and therapies available to help relieve your symptoms (even when the medication is no more exotic than a Spiriva inhaler).

when you are anxious you do tend to hold your breathe, or you breath shallowly--work on meditation and deep breathing--try to practice deep breathing throughout the day

Oh dear, have you seen a doctor? I think it might be time to start taking an anxiolytic but hey, this kind of drug is highly addictive, so you should take it for a limited period of time and combine the medication with therapy. Best wishes.

• Hunter2 months agoReport

I have Klonopin as needed. I don't really like taking it but if I have no other choice then I guess I may have to. Thank you 

maybe you should go see your doctor and get it checked out

• Tulip

Ok whatever.....