Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

I just got charged $81 on apple for something I didnt pay for.?

I checked all my receipts and there was no record of me paying that much for anything. I called apple and they said they couldn't help me. I got charged this on my debit card, what do I do.

If it was purchased using your Apple account (just not by you), then change the password to your Apple account.

If it wasn't even your Apple account, then call the bank that issued the debit card, dispute the charge, and have them change your debit card number.

Stop using a debit card. Debit cards are almost like using cash; there's no way to undo a cash transaction. Use a credit card instead. You have remedies if there is a bad credit card transaction.

If you are sure it's not yours, then dispute the charge with your bank.  Debit cards don't have the same legal protection as credit cards do in the US (and you don't say where you are) but at least in the US, some issuers and states have given debit cards the same protection as credit cards have under Federal law.

• Damien

well first u check if u bough something from apple. then u check if they tricked u into showing 45 dollars for something but not telling you its 45 dollars american and its actually 85 dollars for you cause u are in canada or something similar.if that checks out u go ask your bank people, if u did a transaction with apple, they should send u a email receipt, if u didnt buy anything from apple, it could mean someone has your debit info and taking money out of your account, if thats not the case, it means some apple employee made a mistake, doesnt want to admit it and is now ignoring u, either take this to top management or stop buying from apple.

Dispute it with your credit card company.

The credit card has a cancel button somewhere....

You call your bank and dispute the charge

Unless it's apple pay or another apple account problem, apple doesn't have anything to do with it.