promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
I asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

USS Theodore Roosevelt reports 416 positive cases for COVID-19, does this change your opinion on Captain Crozier?

Who's he more like? Dr. Li of Wuhan or Snowden?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't change my opinion at all, since I believe he was treated like Dr. Li of Wuhan from the get go...........being severely punished for speaking the TRUTH  and doing his damn JOB,  which is looking after your crew, and maintaining  ship  READINESS. 

You can't possibly be mission ready, if half your damn crew is sick, and infecting the other half.   The fact that he himself tested positive,  was clear evidence of how dire the situation  was. 

If it was just a handful of replaceable  E-2's ......that's one thing.......but when commanders and major top offficers are falling sick.......you're jeopardizing the entire chain of command and the well functioning of the ship. 

The sailors clearly understood that he was trying to do the RIGHT thing by them. 

The brain dead Trump appointee......completely over reacted....called the man STUPID and Naive.........then had to EAT those words,  and then he himself was forced to resign for HIS bonehead moves. 

Meanwhile,  congress wants an investigation into the entire matter........and the Captain's immediate re-instatement,   which I support. 

You could have quietly sanctioned him,  or punished him administratively,  without embarrassing him like that, in front of his entire crew. 

it's not a freaking TUG BOAT.......it's goddamn nuclear carrier. ...and if nothing else..........he deserved and EARNED a hell of a lot more respect than he got. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

COVID-19 got them panicking because less than 1% of the supposedly healthy crew might die of COVID-19 while 85% can function as normal & stay on ship (quarantine) for 2-4 weeks, much shorter than a 6 month deployment. Aircraft carriers are noted for their tip top shape in preparedness. They have all PPE for Radiations, Germs, Chemical, Gas, & Fires, vaccinated with all extremely lethal diseases brewing in personnel's system, & physical readiness. 

The Captain might have panicked for political reason or partisan news media disinformation. Only 450 something got infected when they're all literally living like sardines for 3 to 6 months at sea. There are 5,000 sailors on the ship, once in a while there'll be a sailor or two that will jump over. Though the sailors that jumps over board may halt some operations for some hours, it isn't a cause for panic. There are sailors that becomes ill & injured,  but it doesn't cripple the whole ship & prevent the ship from performing its duties. In a ship of 5,000 physically fit & ready sailors, which data has determined to not be at a risk of sever illness with COVID-19. Only 1 person got hospitalized. The person would have been airlifted, if the ship medic couldn't care for the person, if the ship was still out at sea. The NAVY has gone soft having a Capt. & crew that are not as focused to their mission. You can take preparation routinely, but there are certain situation that no amount of preparation can control like a snowflakes, The NAVY needs a Patton.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

nope, not at all

he stepped on his pecker ion front of everyone

• 2 months ago

Neither.  He is in the military.   First point,  there is the concept of Operational Security.   You NEVER let the other side know that you have a problem that is taking your ship out of action.   (Loose Lips Sink Ships.)    Second,  there is a chain of command and when you have serious concerns you go up the chain of command.   It is a chain,  one person was over him and that is the person he should have gone thru to bring up his problems.  If he did not get the answer he needed,  he goes to the next person up the chain.   All the way up to the top if needed.    It is not a "World Wide Web"  where you blast out your concerns all over the place and hope someone sees it and does something.   Third,  for the future,  they might want to set  future carriers so the entire crew does NOT interact.  Perhaps three chow halls,   three separate areas of the ship that do not mix together.    Perhaps they will want to issue N95 masks so the second something starts they can all throw on the masks.   I think the Captain showed poor judgement but as bad as his is,  the Sec of the Navy who flew out there and called him stupid was even worse.   Whereas the Captain was relieved of command,  the Sec of the Navy was fired.  

• Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

He wasn't fired...he resigned, because of his own increibly stupid and unprofessional in which he handled the situation.  Praise in Public, punish in private..he flew half way around the world to berate the guy to his face, in front of his crew.  No matter what the Capt. did, that was uncalled for. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope. He could have accomplished what he wanted within the correct process. A dispatch to his commanders saying the disease was spreading and in a few days the ship will be no longer capable of performing its duties and needed to be relieved. That they were isolating key officers, but they need relief. It is an aircraft carrier that can land and take off help. In particular a medical officer who can set up the ship for the disease (isolation wards). If a cruise ship can do it, an aircraft carrier can do it.

• 2 months ago

Captain Cozier is a liberal and a registered democrat from Santa Rosa California.  Libs will do anything to make President Trump look bad. He wasn't thinking about his men.  He leaked his email to the leftist media to undermine Trump's leadership.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I thought the captain did the right thing from the beginning. I think the navy did the wrong thing by firing him. I know that if I had a family member on a ship like that, I would certainly want the captain to have their best interests in mind too.

• 2 months ago

This factoid does no change my opinion on the Captain. 

But then again you don't know what my opinion is. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He was a man concerned about the sailors under his command, nothing more. Because his repeated requests seemed to be getting little traction with the Navy to act quickly and those requests where made public somehow make him a bad guy I don't see it and it seems neither did his crew

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.